thunder

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:16:54 +0000, Bill McKee wrote:

Liberty ships were steel, as well as the Victory ships. My dad spent the
war building them in Richmond, CA and my mom spent the time as a nurse at
the shipyard hospital. The hospital became the first Kaiser hospital. I
remember the small stamped models that we had at home. Probably worth a
lot of money now. First boat I got to pilot.

Liberty ships were steel, but, interestingly, we did make some
ferro-cement ships in both world wars. One of the down sides of
ferro-cement is that they don't take an impact very well. I'd hate to
think what a torpedo would do to one.

http://www.concreteships.org/ships/ww1/

http://www.concreteships.org/ships/ww2/