noah

Default OT The Conservative Brain

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:41:07 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

snippage-my apologies

It's been fun watching Tom Ridge play "voodoo security" the last week or
so. Let's see...we'll heighten the security alert to make Americans
uneasy, then we'll tell them we don't need as many sky marshals as we
have, then we'll tell Americans to be prepared for a skyjacking...

Has there been a more incompetent administration in the last 50 years? I
don't think so.

As you already know, these "Security Alerts" are doubly inane. Since
9/11, since Afghanistan, since Iraq, *every* day should be seen as a
"high risk" day. Are we going to count on Al-Jazira to predict our
security risks??? What a bunch of horse****! If Al-Qaida is going to
hit us, they aren't likely to put it on the radio or TV first.

"Al-Jazira stated today that you should call your mother." HAR!!!

More frightening is the thought that the Bush Administration needs
every diversion that they can get, because the pacification of Iraq
gets more deadly, and more uncontrollable, every day. The absolute
certainty of WMD's has become "murky intelligence". Saddam's certain
nuclear- sorry, noocular program has become an "intelligence error".
The only saving grace at this point is some sort of "liberation" for
the Iraqi people, although loyalty will temporarily lie with whoever
gives them food, electricity, and water. A hungry man does not care
about Democracy, he wants to eat, and to feed his family, and he does
not care who is running the show.

Are we delusional (just a question) in thinking that a society that
has been fuedal for 3,000 years will suddenly embrace Democracy? The
jubilation at the toppling of Saddam's statue has been replaced by
demonstrations and RPG's.

For those that remember, and for those that don't, it is becoming like
Vietnam. Daily death counts in a country that we do not, and cannot,
control, populated by people that we do not understand.

My utmost respect and appreciation goes to the members of our various
armed forces, who place their lives on the line every day, to defend
their country. I also pray daily that our leadership is worthy of
such sacrifice.

My respectful condolences go to those who have lost loved ones in this
war.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats