Thomas D. Ireland

Red CloudŽ ) wrote:
: On 31 Jul 2005 22:46:47 -0800, (Thomas D. Ireland)
: wrote:

:
: I am thinking that I might be interested in a Ketch or Cruiser
: restoration project. I would like one about 45' on deck. If any has one
: for sale in the Pacific NW I might be interested to hear from you. If
: anyone has any experience with a restoration of this type I would be
: interested to hear your horror stories etc.
: I have looked at several web sites (ferrocement.org, etc) as well as
: looked at several book titles on the subject but have found that books and
: the real world are two entirely different things. I would like to get a
: diversity of resources that I can refer to. If anyone can offer any ideas
: I would appreciate it. I run out of ideas from time to time.
: I have limited construction experience and have had some training with
: shop tools and equipment and may be able to offer some ideas to someone
: who might need some help so I would like to hear from those people as
: well. I also have some cadet experience and may also be able to help with
: some of those issues as well. Hope to hear from y'all soon!
:
: Tom

: Just for openers, you'll find it extremely difficult or completely impossible to
: get insurance or financing of any kind for a ferro cement boat.

: rusty redcloud

Not too worried about financing, this would be a long term project and I
would do whatever work I could when I could. Insurance is going to be an
issue then, from what you say. I'll have do more research I guess. That is
the reason for my posting. Thanks for the input.

Tom