Ewan Scott

"Allan Bennett" wrote in message

'When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,

that
the dunces are all in confederacy against him.'

Jonathan Swift.

The latest news from the BCU bunker is that David Train's application for
BCU membership has been rejected - he is now barred for another 4 years.

? He has done nothing wrong.
? He has not been informed of any complaint against him.
? He has not been informed of any proceedings.
? He has not been permitted to attend any hearing.
? He has not been afforded the right to put his case or defend himself.
? There is no right of appeal.

Where have we heard all this before?

The BCU Board, clearly, have no sense of natural justice. They don't know
right from wrong.

Power has gone to their heads and they've all become corrupt.

First we had threats of Police action and lies and deceptions from the BCU
Chairman, then threats of sackings and now this!

Inherent in the ban are serious implications for the BCU, including:
? Restriction of trade.
? Restriction of employment.
? Contravention of human rights under Human Rights legislation.

Any right thinking person can see that this judgement is wrong and that

the
BCU will have to make a grovelling climb-down - just as they have had to

do
in the past.

Worst of all: the overwhelming moral imperative has been ignored. The

issues
raised recently by David Train are of a Child Protection nature. The
attempts to silence those who stand up for the interests of the young

people
in our sport look even more sinister.

Do tell us more.

I'm afraid that as a lowly L2 working with Scouts I don't quite follow what
the issue is?

Is it that we are looking at planning resources to train to win Gold at the
expense of all else and that David has questioned this and has been kicked
out? In which case I'm guessing that there should be a whole load more
people getting kicked out of the BCU too.

I can think of five without even going out of my own household!

Ewan Scott