Thomas D. Ireland

Default Ferro Cement Boat Restoration

I am thinking that I might be interested in a Ketch or Cruiser
restoration project. I would like one about 45' on deck. If any has one
for sale in the Pacific NW I might be interested to hear from you. If
anyone has any experience with a restoration of this type I would be
interested to hear your horror stories etc.
I have looked at several web sites (ferrocement.org, etc) as well as
looked at several book titles on the subject but have found that books and
the real world are two entirely different things. I would like to get a
diversity of resources that I can refer to. If anyone can offer any ideas
I would appreciate it. I run out of ideas from time to time.
I have limited construction experience and have had some training with
shop tools and equipment and may be able to offer some ideas to someone
who might need some help so I would like to hear from those people as
well. I also have some cadet experience and may also be able to help with
some of those issues as well. Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Tom