Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Drunk drivers was: OT Bush hatred

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:55:37 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
Wouldn't you like your girls to live in a safer world? Who needs all

those
guns?

First, let's instruct our police to aggressively bully people who drive in
the winter with their windows all fogged up and covered with snow. While
they're at it, they can quadruple the number of sobriety checkpoints.

Personally, I want a total country wide ban on alcohol sales - period,
end-of-discussion.

However that is not a practical solution, so my proposal is .05
alcohol level as illegal and first offense for drunk driving is
automatic suspension and removal of the driver's license for a period
of one year and restricted priviledges for 5 years after reenstatement
(only drive from home to work for example) - no exceptions. I also
don't believe that the courts should be involved - you are caught, you
pay the piper.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)