Skip Gundlach on wifi

"Rusty" wrote in message
Skip

Don't forget, the Icom 802 is also going to want an additional
receive-only antenna for the DSC receiver portion. It can't use the main
antenna for this. I'm using the backstay for the 802 HF transceiver, a 23
foot whip on one side for the DSC receiver in the 802, and another 23 foot
whip on the other side for a separate HF receiver (R-71A). The antenna for
the R-71 is also shared with the stereo radio.

The backstay uses an AT-140 tuner. The receive-only antennas don't have
tuners.

Rusty

Sorry, I missed this one on the boat, relying on the web-based info and the
digest versions sent to me.

I'm not familiar with the 802 at all, yet, so didn't know of the separate
DSC antenna receive function. The inference is, then, that my similarly
equipped VHFs will need some separate antenna? I'd thought they'd connect
to a GPS...

Thanks for any insights - and the renaming will try to recapture the thread
to placement rather than esoteric discussions of antenna frequencies and
unrelated theory. Not that I'm not enjoying them - but it's not what I
asked, and I have very limited time to sort, witness missing this post.

L8R

Skip, cleaning up in prep for surgery and being off-line for several weeks

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain