Hi, Frank, Larry, and various lurkers :{))

I'll get over the pain - given the skill of the surgeon, it's actually
quite manageable, as he avoids all the nerves. The rest is just working
out.

As to when we'll leave, there is no way it will be this year. Rehab
alone will prevent that, but my estimate is that there is not less than
a month of more work to do on the boat before we can splash it and
continue with the water-based stuff (engine, comms, up the mast issues,
other systems testing, sea trials) before we can start to wait for the
right weather window to make the dash to the bahamas (where we expect
to start down the path, but may linger for months or a year or more,
depending on our finances).

However, we'll get there eventually, and all will be well, in all
regards.

And, in case any were wondering, should this operation fail, also,
we'll still go. I'll just have to accommodate my limitation. In our
original plan, having us leaving November last year, we'd expected
either a very simple fix, or a "sorry, Charlie, it will never work
right again" analysis, either of which would have allowed a speedy
departure. Of course, that was when we also expected only to do a
couple of carpentry projects, which you can see have morphed into
something entirely different. However, back to the story, so to speak,
if I can't use the arm fully, I'll just use it however I can, and adapt
as I go along.

So, we'll see you down island - but it won't be this year.

L8R

Skip, home, backing up the computer to send off for nav gear
installation, and about to go under the knife.

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 - The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain