Phil

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:53:13 GMT, Adam Price
wrote:

As a side note, I called the cops after a break-in a few months ago.
They sent four cars, which were here about 9 minutes after I chased the
guy out of my kitchen. Before they came to interview me, they turned
off their headlights off and raced up and and down the streets near my
house with only their spotlights on. I saw them do the same thing about
three weeks later when a neighbor's house was entered. Apparently they
are trying to surprise the bad guys. If they were to hit someone who was lying in the road with low visibility, I would feel bad for the guy, but I would think it was his fault.

Actually, the cops would be at fault here. The police are allowed to
ignore vehicle and traffic law in the course of duty, but they are
responsible for the consequences. If they didn't see the guy because
their lights were out, they were at fault.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg