Brent Geery

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:40:20 GMT, Me wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

Fk me crookid. I get T-105's for $60, maybe some pay $75. It is worth
it to spend more than a third more battery capacity or budget on
freaking caps, even if they happen to work perfectly (not according to
their own info), to avoid a few breif insepctions, top-ups & maybe
avoid carefully adjusting charging rate?

What is the life-cycle cost of your batteries?

For the cost of caps for only 2 banks, you can buy another whole new
bank that has 3x the stated service life of the caps.

If one did this sort of thing a few times with a vessel they were
tasked to responsibly manage for another owner, they'd be fired.

all this would be true, EXCEPT the HydroCaps aren't a "Wear item",
and once you buy a set they don't need to be replaced.

Actually they do eventually wear out. But if taken care of
(don't leave them on during equalizing charges!) they can last
through multiple battery sets.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.