Larry

"Rusty" wrote in
news
I've already done that. The 750 amp-hour 24 volt main system of Trojan
industrial cells is charged by a Trace SW4024 inverter/charger. Went
two years without HydroCaps and added at least some water every month.
Changed to HydroCaps and now I only add a little bit after every six
to eight months. Right now the last time I added water was almost nine
months ago and they're still full. Batteries are showing no signs of
losing capacity and the tops are always clean.

Rusty

While I'm sure the caps do exactly what they are supposed to, that's fine.
But, the reason the batteries are using water in the first place, i.e.
being overcharged, isn't resolved when you keep gassing off the water with
the overcharging, to recover it in these magicaps.

At your "full charge" voltage setting you should rarely see a bubble coming
out of the electrolyte. 14.2 seems too high on some cells. When the
specific gravity gets to 1.260-1.270, the charger should be OFF, not
pulsing away momentarily unless there is some load on them.

--
Larry