Skip Gundlach

Default Last day on the boat

Well, today is my last day - we head out tomorrow to go home for my
operation, which will keep me off the boat for several months.

However, lots has happened in the last couple of days.

The platform is up.

The rails are complete.

The refrigeration is ready for installation.

The engine room has been detailed (though still a mess physically).

The headliner has been painted white, replacing the repulsive color
which preceded it.

More electrical work has been finished.

The solar and wind systems are in place, and we get 5 amps in total
cloudiness, and 8 amps in overcast - didn't get below to see what was
happening when it was sunny. The KISS is off, as the hot water heater
is out of the loop at the moment, and that's where excess power goes
when the batteries are fully charged - which they are, for sure!

The windlass is finally out, and search begins for a new one.

Finishing work will continue in my absence, as well as some more
electrical work. As soon as I am able, I'll return to the boat to
continue/finish up the "must do before going in the water" parts.

Y'all, as usual, are invited to browse the pictures if it's of interest
to you. The last few days are in the "JulyEnd" gallery.

I'm outta here - say a little prayer for my operation, if you're so
inclined...

L8R

Skip, finished refitting for many months

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 - The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain