Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

(always a CRT for times when a half-hour
disassembly and windex didn't get the cigarette smoke "fog" cleared up)
Lynn, W7LTQ

Reminds me of the first time I went on a Service Call on a Halibut
Schooner. Skipper was an Old Norwegin, with a heavy accent. He
watch me like a hawk, while I tried to figure out why the modulation was
so poor. Finally I took the mic apart, and and found the cloth filter
in front of the mic element, PLUGGED with snoose. Removed the "Snoose
Filter" and reassembled the mic, and let the guy call his brother, out
dragging on the Wasihngton Coast. 5 by 9 and strong voice was the reply.
That old boy, keep saying the whole time I was onboard, "Thes radio, she
never vorked, since they day I bought her, not ever....." When I went
back onboard the next spring for the annual tuneup, the Old Boy,
remembered me, and never even followed me up to the wheelhouse, and told
the crew, "Now fella's there goes a REAL Radioman. He fixed the radio,
last year, and she never vorked so good. Never since the day I bought
her, not ever....." I can still remeber that guy even 35 years later.
The moral to this story is, "Always check the Snoose Filter, if you got
poor modulation"

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @