Harry Krause

Default OT Bush hatred

Butch Ammon wrote:
He certainly is in favor of the Brady bill, efforts to control assault
weapons, and efforts to require background checks at gun shows.

That somehow makes Kerry someone who is going to force you to turn in
your shotgun?

My shotgun, your shotgun, my old Marlin .22, my dad's old 1953 H&R .22
revolver, etc...

John Kerry is *NOT* a hunter. You can trust me on that one.

You're sure about that, right, Butch? I mean there's no doubt in your
mind, eh?

Perhaps you missed this piece:

Shotgun in Hand, Kerry Defines His Gun-Control Stance

November 01, 2003

New York Times

by David M. Halbfinger
Olo, IA -

Senator John Kerry blasted away at Howard Dean on Friday, accusing him
of currying favor with the National Rifle Association and opposing an
assault-weapons ban that Mr. Kerry and other supporters of gun control
fought for in the 1990's.

Then Mr. Kerry took his 12-gauge shotgun and blew two pheasants out of
the sky in two shots.

Mr. Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat running for president, has been an
off-again-on-again hunter since the age of 12. He arrived at lunchtime
for a long-planned pheasant shoot here on the cold plains of central Iowa.

But with reporters in tow, before even cleaning his gun Mr. Kerry
seized on a report that Dr. Dean, when running for governor of Vermont
in 1992, told the National Rifle Association in a signed questionnaire
that he opposed any restrictions on private ownership of assault weapons.

So it was that Mr. Kerry spoke out for gun control one minute and then
led photographers on a classic hunter's photo opportunity the next.

In duck boots from L. L. Bean, blue jeans, two flannel shirts and an
orange safety vest, Mr. Kerry tramped through the brush of an old
cornfield with a local farmer's 9-year-old English pointer, Buck,
trailing. Less than five minutes into his expedition, before journalists
could get out of their cars and hurdle a barbed-wire fence to record the
moment, Buck rousted a bird, Mr. Kerry took aim and fired, and the first
blood of the Democratic presidential campaign was spilled.

Mr. Kerry proved quite the shot. Moments later, he leveled his gun
suddenly and squeezed his trigger once more, and another pheasant fell
to the ground, this time with an appreciative pack of journalists
witnessing the kill.

(I've deleted the rest of the article, which explains Kerry's gun
control stance.)

Are you really that simple-minded?

Oooo, that hurt. I am not simple at all. I try to read everything I can get
my hands on, so I can get a well rounded opinion on a candidate. I'm sorry,
John Kerry is not the greatest candidate out there. He's way too far left.

No, you don't. You get your news and make up your mind by your IV from
the National Rifle Association. You've already stated that.

As to who is the "greatest" candidate out there, if the field is limited
to Kerry or Bush, I would state Kerry is the better candidate. You can
and will disagree: your privilege. My opinion about Bush is that he is
both too stupid and too far right to be a decent President.

For you to state Kerry is some sort of gun-control nut and is not a
hunter means you simply are parroting the drooling idiots at the NRA.

I'm not a hunter, Butch, but I'm a gun owner, and I'm in favor of more
stringent gun-control laws. Oh...and I think I'd clean your clock in
sporting clays; I've been shooting clays for nearly 50 years. About six
weeks ago, I went with a buddy out to his property near the Shenandoah,
and from distances of 25, 50 and 75 yards, I shot 12 empty cola cans off
a tree stump, six with 20-gauge shot and six with 20-gauge slugs. And
this with a single-shot, $100 year old shotgun.

I own several shotguns and use them frequently. I guess I'd still be on
the NRA hit list, eh?

Let's make a bet: If Bush loses, I'll buy you lunch somewhere. If Bush wins,
you buy me lunch somewhere.

Deal?

Butch Ammon

Sure.

BTW, *your* president can't even protect the U.S. Senate offices,
despite all the money he's blown in his idiotic war on Afghanistan and
Iraq, and his numnutz HomeLand Insecurity department. Feel safer now
down in Richmond?

--
Email sent to is never read.