Doin it right

Larry wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in
:

Hydrocaps actually work. I check my batteries on a regular basis, but
hardly ever have to add any water. They should, however, be removed if
you're going to equalize the cells. The excess hydrogen causes them to
get hot.

Me either! Let's test it on your batteries. Put half the regular caps
back on half the cells and leave these wondrous gifts from God on the rest.
See if there's any difference in water usage.....It's a fair test.

Geez larry, what's the problem? Got issues with technology or something?

I've used hydrocaps for 2 years. Prior to that, I checked the batteries
weekly and topped them up about once a month. I was and am very careful,
maintaining proper float and bulk charge voltages at all times.

Hydrocaps reduced my need to top up to about once every 6 months or so,
and much less water needed. It can be difficult to find distilled water
in some (more remote) places, so the added advantage of not having to
carry distilled water is also attractive.

And YES, when equalizing they come off, and I top up the cells
afterwards too. I equlaize about every 5 or 6 months when it dawns on
me. I probably should do it more often.