DSK

NOBBY wrote:
There is no domestic insurgency. They are almost all foreign fighters.

Really? 5% to 10% is "almost all?"

... You
ask how many? Who knows. There is no way to count the number of
terrorists that flood across the porous borders from Saudi Arabia, Syria,
Iran, and Jordan.

So how are you sure there are so many? By your own statements, it might
be a trickle rather than a flood.

So, I tend to rely on the professionals (the Army, the CIA, the DIA, the
State Dept) who say five to ten percent, rather than the political
spinmeisters who say "a flood."

... If they called them "foreign terrorists", it would be admitting that
Bush is absolutely correct when he says that Iraq is the frontline on
"the global struggle against violent extremism" (fka "the war on
terror").

OTOH if the Bush-Cheney cheerleaders admit the facts that the Iraq
insurgency is not on it's last legs, and that only a very small minority
of foreigners have entered Iraq to fight America,

Admit a falsehood?

Yep, a "falsehood" that corresponds more closely to actual facts in the
real world.

... Why? So you'd feel better?

No, so that you would be "honest" which is what we call people who tend
to tell the truth instead of lying all the time. Maybe you'd feel better.

DSK