joeb

Hi Jim. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you're right. I failed to grind off the paint on the flat bottom
of the keel. I knew that I didn't have enough room to get my grinder
under there, while on the trailer, and it didn't even occur to me to
try anything else.

It still seems like it has a really good bond (subjective, I know). I'm
hoping that instead of tearing it all off and starting over, that I'll
be able to just file back around the edges and put one more layer on. I
guess my real concern is the edges peeling off.

My main objective is something that is safe for the remainder of the
season. If winter hits and I have to start over, then I'm only out $70
in supplies.