NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
Oh, but BushCo, and hence, all of you lemmings are saying that Iraqis
WANT our form of democracy. If that is true, then what would we be
deterring?

NOYB wrote:
Iran.

That must be why Iran just elected a hard-liner President, and told the
European nuclear inspectors to bugger off, and told Condi Rice words to
the effect that if they want to build an atom bomb, they will, and tough
luck for everybody else.

Great deterrent.

"The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's
office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with
drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another
9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a
large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical
nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic
targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development
sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could
not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option."
The deterrent is working.