DSK

Courtney Thomas wrote:
I was wondering if there is any new/current data on the durability of
fiberglass boats, in that some of these are now pushing 50 years old ?

Are you asking about how long the hull will last, or how long the whole
boat can be expected to be a viable & worthy sailing vessel?

Fiberglass basically lasts forever. But many many old boats (and a lot
of not-so-old ones) have already become poxed enough to be chainsawed &
landfilled, and unpleasant labor-intensive expensive task.

Replacing core is fairly routine. I know of old boat that have had the
tabbing renewed, and in a few cases very dedicated owners have replaced
whole bulkheads. The work involved is far more than the boat's market
value would justify, but to them it's worth it. So the answer to your
question really is, the boat will last as long as it's worth it to you.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King