AD

Default !2 Volt ground for trailable yacht

Hi,

I have recently downsized to a trailable yacht from a keelboat and I have to
re-do the electrical system ( old one doesn't work and is such a mess, I'm
starting from scratch). On my keelboat, all the negatives from batteries and
appliances( via a negative bus bar) were routed to a negative common post
and then to ground on the engine.

On the new boat, there is no external ground as such ( outboard powered and
no through hulls below waterline). Question is, do I just run a cable from
the negative bus direct to the negative battery terminal or is there a
better way to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Andrew