Wade Wells

The St Croix is over 10 hours from me, but I will certainly keep it in mind
down the road if I make a road trip that way.

"Noone" wrote in message
Come to Minnesota. Plenty of rivers. Do the St Croix/Namekogan along the

MN/WI
border. Not that much farther really. It will be worth it.

Blakely LaCroix
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Wade Wells wrote:

Thanks everyone for all the help so far, good information. Mental note,
check drought conditions before future trips I have the book you are
reffering to and have been flipping through it marking rivers I want to
scout. The Pine is one I can remember that I wanted to take another

look
at, but I will certainly check out the rivers you and the other posters

have
listed.

I am new to Michigan and in search of a paddle club as well if anyone

knows
a good one. I am in Southeast Michigan (North of Ann Arbor).

Thanks Again for all the input!
WW

John wrote in message

Stick to Michigan, I find Ohio, Indiana mostly muddy water
from all of the agriculture. There is a book called
Canoeing Michigan Rivers or Paddling Michigan Rivers that
came out a few years ago. It is a great resource. The
middle section of the Manistee has a good current and
camping at rivers edge. Some camping is at closed state
forest sites so you would have lots of privacy. Try
Chippewa Landing Canoe livery for shuttle service. Don't
overlook Ontario, Cross at the Soo and go east. There are
many rivers. You can take gear by train and have them drop
you on the Spanish River, French River offers a lot as well