Doug

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message

Oh, Wow! Doug, that technique was never taught at this outpost. But
studying, with crossed eyes, the arc reaching the tip of one's nose was
instructional.

Jerry Writer told me that you could count the number of "real" radar
techs on the West Coast on the fingers of one hand. Jim Manwaring was one

of
them, were you one of the others?

Old Chief Lynn

Nope, not me. I did a small amount of radar and HF AM work in the late

50s, early 60s on the Oregon coast, and then spent 20 years in the US Navy,
retiring as a CTMCS. Did some part time marine work when I was stationed in
the Aleutians in 70-72 and in Maine 76-84. I have only been into it full
time for about 4 years now, after high tech manufacturing crashed in this
area.
Had an installer come begging for a digital VOM the other day as his went
"over the side". I handed him a Simpson 260. He looked puzzled and asked
what that antique does. He was Air Force trained, so guess that explains it.
He declined my offer as it was "too complex".

73
Doug K7ABX