Roger Derby

My experience with System Three epoxy with wood flour filler suggests that
it's as strong as the wood. If you have a particularly highly stressed
area, lay a scrap of fiberglass over the area (after filling) and apply
coats of epoxy until the weave is filled.

I don't have direct experience with other brands such as West or Raka, but
I'd expect them to be pretty much equivalent. Note that the tubes from the
hardware store don't hack it for wood repair. All epoxies start from the
same place, but the additives do make a difference in the final cured
"stuff."

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
My question is...A squirrel or some kind of wood chewing critter has
chewed arround the nuts of the inside planks (above the waterline) in
several areas (about 20 spots) The damage looks to be through 1 or 2
plys at the most. Will I need to replace the whole piece of plywood or
will a epoxy sawdust mixture be strong enough to fill the area of about
1.5" in dia. and then replace the small #8 bolts.

snip