SamSez

"Albert Nurick" wrote in message
Burnie M wrote:

This is my point

I have a GPSmap 276C

I want autorouting plus technical navigation features plus standard
memory - all reasonable

Garmin can give lots of options for the first and the last
requirements but all in a dumbed down package

Reasonable is fine, but if the product doesn't exist, reasonable
doesn't matter.

I detest the stupid proprietary Garmin cards, but if that was the only
thing holding me back from an otherwise perfect-for-me product, I'd get
over it, bite the bullet, and go for the product with the right
*functionality* that I need.

--
Albert Nurick | Nurick + Associates - Web Design
| eCommerce - Content Management
www.nurick.com | Web Applications - Hosting

Unless routing within a 256Mb max database just doesn't meet your needs.

[Imo, a bad choice on Garmin's part to not include two card slots -- unless they
don't care about lost sales.]