AndyK.

"Doug" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message
Having the right test equipment is essential in working in
the Marine Electronics Field.....

Hmmmm......... The guys that showed me the ropes used a Simpson 260 with
battered leather case, an earphone and a wet finger. (Oh, yeah, as you
mentioned, an NE-2 taped to the end of a diddle stick)
Old Chief Lynn, Anacortes Marine Electronics (for 20 years)

I learned it with two fingers and the length/color of the arc.
Old Senior Chief Doug

I saw the results of a MARS operator closing a TR relay in a Henry linear
one time using his fingers. Looked like a bbq hotdog.

+1 on the Simpson 260, digital meters don't see everything.

Andy (aging ETC Ret)