H. Krueger

Default H3 255 touring ability

I am a kayaking newby and I have been offered a Pyranha 255 H3 which I am
told is in good nick. I've also been told to move fast as it is a desirable
model. I want to do flat water day touring mainly and while some people say
the H3 is a 'long' boat, others say it is only long for a WW boat.

I've got two questions really: What would seem a fair price for a 2003
model H3 and do you think one could do, say 12 miles in a 'planing hull'
without knackering oneself? One guy said to get a used 50 quid crappo
learner kayak its hull will be more suited to what I need.