DSK

Default OT--Not again! More Chinese money buying our politicians.

John H wrote:
I'd go for McCain. I think his head is screwed on pretty well. I was
just using Mexican laborers as an example. Nothing against you.

I disagree about the UN. Too many dictators running the show. Whether
or not the UN concurs should not, in my opinion, have much bearing on
the decisions we make regarding our national interests.

This is one area where (in principle) I agree with Cheney's public
statements to the effect that "we cannot allow our national security to
be dictated by other countries." That is certainly true... but it's also
a strawman argument, as nobody has ever suggested letting the French
decide how we shall protect ourselves.

In this specific case, invading Iraq specifically to remove Saddam
Hussein's gov't... that is a MAJOR international action, and should be
backed by MAJOR international accord- the only exception would be if
there were some imminent threat... which BushCo claimed was true, and
now turns out it isn't... and they knew it.

Why does this remind me of Nixon?

In effect, BushCo told the UN, "Screw you, we do what we want." Six
months later, they said, "Umm we're in a mess here, it's getting very
expensive and it will be bad for all of us if you don't help." Then when
the UN hems and haws, and doesn't commit to helping very much, BushCo
turns around and starts hollering about how anti-American they are. Nice
huh?

I suspect if the same situation happened in your neighborhood, you would
be very displeased with the offender.

But this is turning into another long thread. Gotta go to work.

Regards
Doug King