maui1015

Default gO pATS

My favorite team sports are rugby, swimming and track, the three sports
I most enjoyed participating in in high school and college. I have the
honor of losing and losing badly in a 1960s shot put event to Randy
Matson of Texas A&M. He was incredible. I was merely on the team. What a
joy to watch that guy. Got to photograph him, too, the next year, while
a stringer for the KC Star.

Randy Matson was an Olympic champion and national champ in both shot and
discus several times.. So, you and a lot of other people lost to him. It
must have been fun just competing in that kind of crowd.

donpj