Glenn Ashmore

You sir are a nut case.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:45:56 -0400, DSK said:

Yes, the guvmint people got it right once and the other guys got it
wrong.
But had it not been for the former policy of NOAA in not competing where
private industry is willing and able to provide a forecasting and
analysis
service, there would be no alternative sources of analysis and
forecasts.

You mean like the ones that got it wrong?

Doug, if I had $5 for every time NOAA got the marine forecast wrong, I'd
be
a wealthy man. I'm sure even you recognize the fallacy of arguing from the
proposition that the private company erred once to the conclusion that the
private company gets it wrong more often than NOAA.

.... We
would indeed have had to rely on a single forecast-- the "official"
one --
as the only available forecast.

Sort of like the way the Bush Administration uses gov't funds to pay for
fake news, and wishes heartily that this was our only source of info?

The odor of red herring is overwhelming me.