Meindert Sprang

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:E9eDe.172616$sy6.33959@lakeread04...
I suppose they can be made with different sensitivities but my resistive
display a water resistant ELO. Besides their own displays ELO supplies
touch screen overlays and modules for a lot of display makers. It

doesn't
seem to be effected by water drops the way the capacitive one is but if

am
within 18" of it and sneeze it is the same as randomly hitting the left
mouse button. A steady overall even wind pressure may not do it.

These screens were certainly not that sensitive, as I remember.

I checked with the yard that built the Bharlin Blue. These touchscreens are
indeed capacitive and very robust. They have never had any experience nor
complaints about odd behaviour when wet or accidental "touches" due to drops
or splashes of water. I remember that I could configure them for the amount
of "touch" needed. The used algorithm seems to be very capable of
distinguishing between a single point of touch and a large area caused by a
splash or, for that matter, two fingers or an entire hand.

Meindert