Burnie M

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:49:39 +1000, "Non Toxic"

And nothing about a decent memory card format......

It still mainly targeting the marine market so its still needs to support
pre-programmed marine chart datacards.

My point is that it is not either targeting (Garmins marketing) or
being used as primarlily a marine unit.

This was also the case with the 276C.

It is frustrating that this format 'issue' could be eaisly and cheaply
fixed and if Garmin was concerned about backward compatibility
it is easy and cheap to have both Garmin format and SD format card
slots.

But then we had to batter Garmin over the head for several years to
get USB so I do not know why I expected anything else.