Dan Mills

Brian D wrote:

Here in the US, you cannot place the fuel tank in the same compartment as
the motor(s).

REALLY! Thats a bit drastic isn't it?
Must make fitting a day tank a real pain, especially if you like having the
day tank above the level of the injector pumps (allows the use of gravity
feed to the engines). Or does this only apply to your main tanks, in which
case I really don't see the point, as a decent day tank will contain enough
fuel for quite a respectable fire!

Since it sounds like you are using gasoline, it might be worth
your while to have a professional look at it since regulations vary
country-by-country.

Ohh, is this petrol specific, that makes more sense now, I was thinking
diesel or heavy oil rather then petrol (Which IMHO is just wrong for
anything except outboards).

Regards, Dan (who is very glad he lives where the coastguard don't try to
pull this crap).