Stephen Trapani

Dave wrote:

On 19 Jul 2005 16:46:14 -0700, said:

Owner or his rep can do in his own interests, is go away after initial
instructions and stay away or shut up until either asked for something
or until the work is completed.

Yes, but it isn't it a very good idea to instruct the mechanics to ask
you what to do you when they know what's wrong and tell you what they
think should be done and what it's going to cost?

And at that point when they ask you that, isn't it a good idea to have
some idea of the likely problems and options? I know I've been in these
kinds of situations before with exactly this boat, I've regretted not
having enough information, and I've loved every time I'd previously had
advice from experts like some of the guys here, and been able to either
trust the mechanic to go ahead with what he thinks, or stop him!

Stephen