Larry wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

maybe **** them
off

You must admit, though, it _IS_ fun to point out the separated wires
leading to the run solenoid....seconds after you look in the hole he's been
pouring over for the last 3 hours...(c;

I suppose if one's idea of fun is a 3 x $80.hr = $240 additional cost
for a small joke, I should be looking for work with these generous,
rich people too. Please send email & plane tickets, I will handle the
rest. ;-)

I have found both as a ship fleet manager/Owner's rep and now a
part-time lowly yacht bilge contortionist, that the very best thing the
Owner or his rep can do in his own interests, is go away after initial
instructions and stay away or shut up until either asked for something
or until the work is completed. Then, if there are 3 hours of excess
charges on the draft account or preliminary bill slip for finding a
fooken wireG, it is dealt with THEN and refused. He who has the gold
makes the rules, not the process. This also avoids all problems or
claims of split responsibility. (i.e., "You are the yard or expert and
I don't think you will prevail in an arbitration over taking 3 hours to
find a solenoid wire with no interference by the Owner and no requests
for further information; I could trace out & draw a whole vessel's
wiring in 3 hours and you owe me dinner for telling you this along with
the reduction, too, plus another $100 for insulting me with your piece
of **** account.") :-)

This works all over the world, and builds good relationships - even
though you will not get the $100, dinner may be a hamburger, and you
know it.