KMAN

"BCITORGB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ideally, here's what would have happened:

1) Since you damaged his property, you feel so bad about it that you
offer to have it repaired at the expensive option (guilt should do that
to you).

2) Your friend is a bit embarassed (and flattered) by the fact that you
think so highly of the friendship that you would opt for the expensive
repair option. At this point guilt kicks in for him and he suggests:
"No, I could ever let you spend that much money; it was just an old
canoe. Why don't we just do it at a more reasonable price."

Guilt is great.

What're you suggesting...that managin friendships requires manipulation? ;-)