Larry

sherwindu wrote in
:

Bottom line, running the gas out of the engine and fogging it does not
guarantee that you won't have problems at some future time. Draining
the carburetor might help.

I love it when I'm right...(c;

That nasty old 2-stroke oil everyone hates to premix would have prevented
the gas evaporating turning to HARD SHELLAC. What would have been left
behind was 2-stroke oil, that greasy, messy, protective coating every 2-
stroke owner has all over himself that coats all the carb parts.

Greasy 2-stroke jets open up when fresh gas melts the grease back into the
gas solvent....(c;

Ah, the smell of burning motor oil wafting up over the transom from the
Evinrude Sportwin 7.5s blue cowling as the little boy (me) proudly pilots
the old rowboat towards my grandfather's secret fishing hole at 5AM before
the neighbors see us. Thanks for those memories, Quaker State...SAE
30...16:1....don't forget to pump the primer on the tank, stupid, or she
won't start! (Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....dammit)

--
Larry