Hans-Joachim Sellner

Default Fuel-tank installation

Hallo!
I would like to get some advice concerning gasoline-tank-installation in
a motor boat:
After completing the repowering of my boat with a dual-caburated motor I
looked for a reliable position for the fule tank, previously installed
in the bow by the manufacturer. Because there was enough volume near the
center of buoyancy, I decided to place the tank there, tightly screwed
and taped on the extensions of the motor-stringers. Although this
position might be physically the best one, fuel-lines could be held
quite short and servicing is easy, I've some strange feeling: The tank
is in direct neighbourhood in line to the engine, there are at least 5
inches between them, no separating wall or plate made of epoxied plywood
or alu, steel, ... is installed. Now my question:
Are there any rules or regulations (coast guard) prohibiting the
installation of a fuel-tank in nearly the same compartment with the engine?
By the way: Of course the tank is connected to motor-ground as well as
the copper-lines and the water-separator are grounded to the tank. A
correctly dimensioned blower to suck gasoline-fumes is installed.

What do you think, anything left I've to work on? Any advice will be
appreciated!

Bye, Hajo