Stuart

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
"Lindsay" writes:

I would say that on average the forecast is 50% correct which obviously
means that they are wrong 50% of the time although never counted.

If you predict that tomorrow will be like today you're right more than
50% of the time.

And if the Isobar charts are predicted to be very simillar tommorow as they
are today then the weather is nearly gaurenteed to be the same!.

I use this tactic all the time, watch the webcams every day, and if the
weathers good today and the air movement is predicted to be the same
tomorrow I head up north. Fantastic sucess rate, my last 70 Munros have been
cloud free!