DSK

Default OT--Not again! More Chinese money buying our politicians.

John H wrote:
Let's see...things I disagree with...

Not allowing the government to price bargain with pharmaceutical
companies.

Agreed... and funneling pharmaceutical lobbyists money into ???

Granting amnesty to illegal aliens, Mexican, Irish, or otherwise.

Actually, I don't think that was such a bad move. It is meaningless
really, since INS is so far behind; and it's a pretty blatant attempt to
drive low wage workers even lower. But letting people who want to come
here to work, do so, is IMHO a good idea.

Now, giving drivers license tests in foreign languages, THAT sucks...

Not having more substantial rationale for attacking Iraq.

Funny, you've defended Bushes Iraq policy here all along.

Announcing the countries that would be precluded from receiving
contracts in Iraq. (Yeah, Wolfowitz did it, but Bush owns it.)

They pretty much let the cat out of the bag there, didn't they? Subtext:
"Yes, we blew the crap out of Iraq and now Halliburton and it's
subsidiaries are the only ones who are going to profit by rebuilding it."

Allowing the horrendous expenditure of money and the federalizing of
the airport security folks.

I think this has PO'd a lot of real conservatives out there. I hope some
of them will vote with their feet.

Sending men to Mars, when we can't miss the potholes on our
interstates and the bridges are falling apart.

Don't worry, that was all a publicity gimmick. The plan was to loot all
of NASA's other programs to pay for it. The polls showed it would be a
big yawn at the voting booth, so it has been quietly dropped.

If any President, including G. Bush Jr, wanted to invest in the space
program, I'd be for it. Space is the future. Up there it's raining soup,
and we haven't even invented buckets yet. But Halliburton is not a
aerospace contractor

Not addressing, in some manner, the outsourcing of jobs by US
corporations.

Look at who pays Bush's freight... the corporate kleptocracy that is
moving offshore as fast as it can.

Actually Bush is addressing the issue, somewhat, by completely
collapsing all environmental regulation.

Some of the provisions of the "No Child Left Behind" act dealing with
the testing of non-English speaking students.

How about the provisions that encourage schools to drop below average
students out of the test metric, and out of further education?

Income tax reductions to anyone earning more than a couple million
dollars a year.

Agreed. "Hey buddy, can you spare some stock options?"

That's enough to start with.

Wait, what about the balance of foreign payments? The unfunded mandates
of federal regulations, which was already ballooning before the Patriot
Act?

I could go on, but I don't want to get you kicked out of any clubs. I've
made it pretty plain that I consider Bush & Co to be blazing hypocrits
and money grubbing fascist whackos... maybe that's part of their charm?

My hopes are that a lot of the middle-of-the-roaders who voted for Bush
last time (and I know dozens myself, seems to be a common phenomenon)
out of hopes he'd be somehow 'more moral' than Clinton, are appalled
enough to vote the other way next time. It's a matter of importance for
the future of the country.

Regards
Doug King