Short Wave Sportfishing

Default OT - Are we safer? Go figure....

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:31:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

.. .

It's even more fun when Grandma is a 35 year veteran of the same
school system, Teacher's Union President and current sitting member of
the Board of Ed. ;)

Yeah....grandma probably knows exactly who's the dead wood, and who's alive
from the neck up. :-)

Of course, it works the other way around too - those poor grandkids
can't get away with anything. :)

Right! My son's girlfriend loves spending time with grandma each week.
Granny looks over all the past week's homework and makes her sit through an
hour's worth of commentary and questions before the cookie jar is unlocked.

Damn straight. They tow the line during after school hours around
here. I've been told by reliable sources that they consider their
after school time at my house "jail".

When was the last time you ever heard of a jail serving up double
chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream when the homework was
completed, checked and officially approved? :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"I thought I'd just go fishin', but the fish
were not amused. And I caught myself just
wishin' that I was in the fishes shoes. Just
swimmin' in some deep blue water not a care
in my head, watchin' some fool with a line
and a pole hidin' by the riverbed."

Joe Ely, "Back To My Old Molehill" - "Flatlanders,
Wheels of Fortune - 2004"