Gustav

Mungo Bulge wrote:
As you see, it often helps to ask the question in such a manor as would get you the answer you're looking for.
"How do I run a Jacuzzi 12yj jet equipped marine engine in my boat (river fishing boat, not PWC) in my driveway (on a trailer) without damaging either motor or jet?" That should eliminate most of the "trolls".
Now to the problem, not that I have the real solution, but I have some experience on jet boats, but I have destroyed a lot of good stuff in the last half century, so I do know of what I speak.

Lets start with some clarification:
Is it a Jacuzzi 12yj jet (neat) or a Jacuzzi 12yj jet Golden Eagle?
Does the marine engine get its coolant from the jet auxiliary water outlet?

What would I do? I'd remove the Impeller X Cut No. 4906 (1 of 10 different cuts)
and re assemble. Then T into the coolant line. Then, I'd probably discover that when I turned on the water, most of it went out the jet intake, so I'd block that and discover that most of it was going out the thrust nozzle so I'd block that (allowing some to flow so that everything is cool in the jet housing.

That could work, but remember "I have destroyed a lot of good stuff in the last half century" but I have also fixed a lot of broken stuff that "they" said couldn't be done (usually because I broke it first).

The first thing I would do is get the service manual or at least go to the local Jacuzzi authorized repair facility and ask what they do to get around this problem. Asking us, would show questionable reasoning abilities on your part. I mean really, would you trust the knowledge and advice of a news group when four out of five responses don't address the problem or just keep saying you cant do it?
Go slow and Good luck
Shawn