Roger Long wrote:

I haven't heard a reference to this stuff in a couple of decades but
they are still lagging steam pipes so it probably could be recreated.

Does anybody remember this stuff?

You bet, and I'd like to know what happened to it, too. It even
*smelled like* Elmer's glue.

I miss good ol' asbestos fluff & mud, too, very useful sh&t, screw the
idiots who breathed it & sued Johns-Manville.

Frank
Lagged thousands of feet of piping at sea aboard rustbuckets for greedy
MEBA-scale overtime pay, nicest OT job in the engineroom, including
fitting & sewing the stuff first. (What ELSE do you as a licensee
making runs to the Far East in a 120F engineroom besides fix, weld &
rebuild all the **** you can for the biggest payoffbg?)