William R. Watt

camber is the curve in some surface, eg the deck on a sailboat. another
way of expressing it, it's often given as the radius of curvature which is
the radius of the circle which has the same degree of curve in it. a
constant camber means the radius of curvature doesn't change. on the
foredeck of a sailboat, it has the same side-to-side curvature from bow to
cabin.

there's a Basic language computer program on my website (see below) under
"Boats" then "Boatbuilding" which computes camber and displays radius of
curvature and the co-ordinates for drawing a curve which is the arc of a
circle. I think it plots a eliptical camber as well, I can't remember.
there is also a file of formuale for calculating radius of curvature.
length of arc, area enclosed by the arc, etc.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm