John H

Default OT--Not again! More Chinese money buying our politicians.

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:02:29 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H wrote:
I don't believe that everything Bush does/has done is good.

Really? I read more of your posts that NOBBY's, Dave Hall, and the rest
of the BushCo cheerleading squad because your posts usually indicate
some intelligence and awareness of reality outside of right-wing talk
radio. You are often very reasonable, but then I made that comment
because you seem to have a BIG set of blinders on. What has Bush done
that you mildly disapprove of?

I saw a great quote the other day that explains the whole thing rather
neatly:
"The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry."
- Richard Dawkins

But, I can see where you might get the idea if you spend enough time
listening to Harry and jps.

I don't read any of Harry's posts and about half of JPS's, so you've got
the wrong idea here.

Regards
Doug King

Let's see...things I disagree with...

Not allowing the government to price bargain with pharmaceutical
companies.

Granting amnesty to illegal aliens, Mexican, Irish, or otherwise.

Not having more substantial rationale for attacking Iraq.

Announcing the countries that would be precluded from receiving
contracts in Iraq. (Yeah, Wolfowitz did it, but Bush owns it.)

Allowing the horrendous expenditure of money and the federalizing of
the airport security folks.

Sending men to Mars, when we can't miss the potholes on our
interstates and the bridges are falling apart.

Not addressing, in some manner, the outsourcing of jobs by US
corporations. Perhaps disallowing the 'wages' expense for factory
workers that don't pay US income taxes.

Some of the provisions of the "No Child Left Behind" act dealing with
the testing of non-English speaking students.

Income tax reductions to anyone earning more than a couple million
dollars a year.

That's enough to start with.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD