Hi John!

Thanks for the prompt, timely reply and the info ... sounds like you
know a thing or two about mercruiser drives

I hope to be launching from somewhere close to Easton, MD over here
right across the bay from you.

Is the outdrive impeller somewhere that is easy enough to reach that i
can change it without having to break down the outdrive or remove it
tothe point where re-alignment and a hoist will be required?

Also, (if you don't mind) any hints about anything special that i
should do as far as getting this fresh water baby into the salt water?
I saw some sort of ?chemical? washes that can be run through the drive
system that will counteract or de-activate the salts ... but that
sounds like a winterization thing rather than an after every use thing.

It seems odd to me, but i can;t seem to find any filtration for water
intake - is that really true?

I've been out washing her up for the past couple hours and was
pleasantly surprised to have a reply so soon, so thatnks again!

best regards