William Andersen

Holy cow! $45: I might forget about this idea.
Thanks.

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:46:11 -0700, "William Andersen"
wrote:

Anyone know what I need to buy to add a dimmer to my instrument lights?
I want to be able to control the intensity of my instrument lights. They
are
not shielded and reflect on the windshield, making it impossible to sit
and
look through the windshield. We have to stand while at the wheel at night.
I've changed to red light bulbs, but the instrument panel is tilted so
much
there's no way to shield the windshield from the reflected light.
I went to a Radio Shack today and all they could come up with was to offer
volume control knob mounted on a wall switch plate. Since I'm not a
techie,
I need to know exactly what to ask for, since they seem to know even less
than me.

Four years ago I bought one from Searay for about $45.00.

The dimmer was pretty heavy duty and worked perfectly.