Skip Gundlach

PVC, as you say, is, indeed, easy to work with.

I did that in the space I thought I'd never get to use it in, the
forward head, for all the reasons you're aware of. That the directions
changed frequently merely required me to make more sweep joints, not
prevented me from putting it in. Actually, it likely went in easier
than a single length of that hard white hose. Meanwhile, I believe
Peggie is referring to paid labor costs vs hose cost; if you discount
your time value, and it's feasible, the PVC is a drop in the bucket in
boat costs.

I supported it/fixed it tightly with clamps any place which could
(possibly - it was pretty tight just sitting there) move, so I
*believe* I have it safely put. You can see pix of the adventure in
the section of my gallery on repairs at
http://justpickone.org/skip/gallery/...=64 0&start=0
and click on 405 and 4267, both April folders. The first page on both
shows the PVC stuff. Anyone interested is welcome to wander around the
other folders (get to them by clicking on the highlights at the top of
the page) to see what I've been up to in the last couple of months
aboard.

I'm currently waiting for the finishing of the electrical in the engine
room, and the bilge pump relocation under the aft head, to see if I can
hard pipe that one. Originally I thought that one would be a piece of
cake, but it turned out most likely to be impractical, so I have the
appropriate length of the expensive (but nearly half the cost of the
other supplier!) aussieglobe.com sanitation hose.

FWIW, the PVC discussion comes up fairly often; a search of the
archives will give you lots of food for thought if you have a second
head to deal with, later...

L8R

Skip, refitting as fast as I can

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 - The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain