John H

Default gO pATS

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:09:13 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message

Harry, a communist like you should love football. It provides enjoyment
for many more people of lower means than recreational boating does

Steve, I'm going to disagree with you here. Harry dislikes team sports
because organized team sport is a meritocracy. Some are more skilled and
harder workers than others, and the skilled, hard workers get bigger
rewards, while those with lesser skills and effort fail -- with no regard
for their so-called "self-esteem". This is the way every business ought to
be allowed to work, but we all know that is not the case.

Also, having seen Harry's physique, I can say that he probably wasn't
a team sport (or individual, for that matter) during his high school
and/or college days. Very often when people are prevented from
engaging in an activity they become opposed to the activity. Then they
try to make it seem as though they are on a pedestal which makes them
"too good" to engage in said activity. This is mostly psychological
stuff, so Harry and his wife probably spend a lot of time discussing
this aspect of his personality.

Of course, very often these same people will come back with a list of
all the sports at which they "excelled".

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!