Peter Wiley

In article , Brian
wrote:

Pogo is actually designed to be trailerable. I spoke with George last
winter about POGO and was wondering about using dimension lumber and he
commented that if trailering it was best to use the ply in the design
although 1X6 stock would be fine as well.

Sam Devlin's boats are really nice but the epoxy requirement is quite high
for them. They do build fairly easily though.

I bought plans for Nancy's China and Pogo some time ago. Of the 2 I
think I'll end up building a Pogo. Since I hate epoxy I've been toying
with building out of 5mm aluminium. No butt joints at all. No painting
except for cosmetic purposes. No fairing. About 2X the price of good
marine ply but that's before adding the cost of cloth, resin, sanding
consumables, paint and TIME.

I asked George about stretching Pogo and he said no probs, could
stretch to 20'. I was thinking of a stretch to 18' and fitting a 3 HP
air cooled Yanmar marine diesel I picked up some years ago. That would
make a very nice little boat.

Pogo displaces some 2300 lbs. Trailerable, sure, but no lightweight.

PDW