Bob La Londe

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
"HotRod" wrote:

What would be a decent length for the great lakes? remember this isn't

for
living aboard and when I say rough I just mean 3' waves close to shore.

Sounds like you plan to stay yied to the dock at least 75% of the time,
in which case, anything that floats and supports a cooler will do the job.

Been a while since I was on Lake Erie, but I was thinking something to that
affect. I have run 4-6 footers of a much shorter period on Mead and Powell
in a 17'8" Ranger. We got a little wet, but we never shipped water. I'd
have no worries about running 3 footers in my 20'3" BassCat. When somebody
says rough though I think small craft warning weather not three footers.

Of course having seen the damage Erie can do gives me a lot of respect for
that lake.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com